9 April 2020
Crisis Communication – a crisis management approach
Inspired by McKinsey’s crisis management approach, the IFC recommends setting up five teams with different workstreams during the corona crisis:
- Workforce protection team: e.g. responsible for policies, actions, prevention and incident response or managing a multi-channel communication and confidential reporting mechanism
- Supply chain stabilization team: e.g. logistics route optimization, or supplier engagement through order management and providing cross-tier risk transparency
- Customer engagement team: e.g. preventing interventions across the customer journey or reaching out to the customer regarding COVID-practices
- Stress-test financials team: e.g. defining relevant scenarios based on latest epidemiological and economic outlook or testing different financial scenarios regarding working capital requirements
- Operate central crisis management team: e.g. making roundtable exercises and align leaders on scenarios or make a portfolio of actions across all workstreams above.
For leaders it is very important to show empathy and
transparent security. Inform stakeholders through looping mails and on the
website regarding what happens in the firm.
If you like to get in touch with our crisis management
experts reach out to us.
Follow us on Linkedin